About The Hose Tower
The renovated Hose Tower opened in October of 2015 and is now a regional destination and offering community members, organizations and corporations a state-of-the-art event space and meeting room complete with indoor and outdoor gathering spaces. The flexible Layton State Bank Community Room with over 1,500 square feet is ideal for meetings, activities, and events of all kinds. For rentals, please click here.
- The Hose Tower is located in the heart of Greendale’s historic business district adjacent to Canterbury Woods.
- Safe, easy, convenient drive-up access from the Municipal Parking Lot.
- The Hose Tower’s Layton State Bank Community Room features seating for 99 people and conference table seating for up to 60 persons.
- Catering service is available from community food-service partners and the Hose Tower will feature a self-catering prep kitchen for smaller events.
- State-of-the-art multi-media equipment.
- ADA compliant public restroom facilities for community events.
- Community group gatherings
- Holiday events
- Recognition and retirement celebrations
- Family birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other celebrations
- Wedding proposals in the Hose Tower
- Ceremonies and receptions
- Business functions
- Corporate gatherings and planning sessions
- Board meetings
- Art exhibits and performances
Actress and Greendale native Jane Kaczmarek serves as an honorary fundraising chairwoman for the project and the following local businesses and professionals have volunteered to donate their time and expertise to our project.
- Jack Reichl, Reichl Construction Co • Project Construction Manager
- Jane Kerwin, Kerwin Builders LTD • Kitchen Design/Build
- Josh Neudorfer The Sigma Group • Engineering Environmental Consultant
- Lee Paulus • Structural Engineer Consultant
- Bob Prindiville • Architect/Consultant
- Al Emmons • Creative Construction/Interior Finish
- Chris Pegelow • Northern Restoration Solutions/Brick Restoration
- Josh Hunt, Rob Hunt • Frank-dale Roof and Chimney/Roof Installation
- George Mederak • Metal Fabrication and Restoration
- John Flejter, Bricklayer and Mason
- Al Sikorski • Bradley Corporation, Plumbing Fixtures
The Greendale Historical Society is proud to partner with Layton State Bank.
Join Our Team!
We need you. Ask us about joining the Hose Tower Preservation team, call us at (414) 423-7064 for more information.